It’s time to say goodbye to our oak design. We are sad to see it go but we feel it’s time to move on with a fresh new start.
To this end we are now calling for submissions of designs for a new vibrant logo. This will be a competition where the winner will receive either a full membership of ABBA for 12 months or the equivalent in cash or a voucher.
The competition is open to all. As you have expressed an interest in joining ABBA as a full member OR have registered your interest via the membership website you get to vote for your favourite.
The Guidelines for the logo competition are:
- The logo will reflect the association ethos – every one, every where, every ability.
- The logo can reflect elements of the founding principles.
- The design must be original.
- The technique used can be drawing, painting, computer design, photography.
- The image can be one or two colours but must translate well into black and white.
- The proposal can be accompanied by a brief explanation of the design and the main ideas represented by your submission.
- There will be a maximum of two entries from any one individual.
- Entries must be submitted electronically via the ABBA website.
In submitting your design the winning entry will transfer rights to the Association of British Botanical Artists who will use the logo as they see fit. The designer of the logo will be acknowledged in accordance with the Creative Commons Licence CC BY-NC-ND.
Logo Submission – All entries must be submitted electronically by Monday 5th November.
- The image should be no larger than 3” x 3” (~75mm x ~75mm)
- The logo should be at least 300 dpi (dots per inch when scanned or digitally produced).
- The file format can be – jpg, png, tiff.
- The image name is your name (ie JoanSmith.jpg)
- Upload the file, your name and contact details through the online form link below.
Here are a few references that may help you in designing the winning logo.
We are really looking forward to having those designs role in and seeing the final selection. Good luck and get creative.